"If I get married, I want to be very married."
-Audrey Hepburn

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Clueless Edition


Listen up. I'm reading Emma. Emma is such a classic. And what better than a literary classic to inspire a 90's teen comedy? The problem here is, I obviously saw the movie Clueless before I read Emma. Duh.

So, like, I know what's gonna happen already in the book, right?

Not that Jane Austen is the most suspenseful writer or anything. I mean, she's no Maeve Binchy. (What, Maeve Binchy is too obscure for you?) (Plus Maeve Binchy is also not a suspense writer)

What was this post about?

Oh yeah, I already know how the book ends so it's taking me forever to read it is the point.

Usually my reading time is in my car at lunch. Lately I've been having nap for lunch though. In the backseat of my car.

There is no point to this post turns out.

Except that today I told Mitchell that my shoulder was out of place again and therefore hurting, and he said, "that's it, it's time for us to go to the gym, you're getting older and need to work out your back muscles"

Or something like that.

Guys, I'm TWENTY-FOUR. If I'm already in decline, heaven help us all.

L

1 comment:

  1. Yes. I feel the same way about books. I did it with Atonement after seeing that movie first.

    ReplyDelete