"If I get married, I want to be very married."
-Audrey Hepburn

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cookie Dough and other Life Lessons

It's no secret that I have anxiety. (Is it a secret?) I've been told recently by a close friend that I don't share my feelings. It was blamed on my sister-less upbringing(what a relief, I thought for a second I was gonna have to take the blame for something). Anyway I have anxiety. And my anxiety is made worse by the unknown and unsure. Read: the future.

Last night M and I figured some stuff out. You know, work stuff, school stuff, budget stuff. As much as I avoid this type of conversation for fear of an attack of the panic variety, maybe they aren't so bad. I feel much better after this planning session than I did before.

And the moral of the story is: make sure to have plenty of cookie dough on hand at all times in case you need to bribe yourself.


Here's some pre-packaged happiness for you to share. As a reward for my self(indulgent?)improvement.





L

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha Maybe this was why you and I got along so well in high school? Us girls with only brothers present in our lives never felt the need to share feelings! Haha It hasn't done me much good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have so much cookie dough in our house, and no cookies. In not complaining..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can practice sharing your feelings with me anytime, Leanne. Because I am your sister and sisters do stuff like that. Thanks for posting those pics. Who are those cute kids?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Close friend"??? Really? That's all I get? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meagan! I went with close friend because it seemed more of an adult thing to say than "my very bestest friend since 8th grade," and I'm trying to be more adult. Obviously.

    ReplyDelete