"If I get married, I want to be very married."
-Audrey Hepburn

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Commuter Chronicles

I drive 14.2 miles to and from work . Yes, it takes 30 minutes. Yes, I am very tired of it, thank you.

Lately I've been taking side roads to avoid the nightmare that is the 101 in rush hour.

Here are some of my thoughts from today's drive home:

In the Scottsdale portion of the drive, there are lots of runners. And teenagers riding beach cruisers. And old people walking dogs. Somehow it always makes me feel like I'm missing out on this wondrous time, 6 o'clock. The time when people are home from work but its still light out (what's that like?) so they venture outside. I never cease to be jealous of these people.

At about this point in my journey I pass one of the dozen man-made lakes I see daily and think, just like I thought yesterday and every time before that, I should really bring my camera and take some photos of this lake. With the tall grass. And the pretty trees.

Then I pass one of those signs that tell you how fast you're driving and it flashes angrily 52 !!!
Whoa Leanne, slow down you're 7 miles over speed limit here.

There's a place called Eye Care Animal Hospital on the right. Really?

Oh hey Macayos billboard, you look just as delicious today as the first time I saw you. Yes, it is dinner time. Kinda rude.

Then there was a fantasy about smashing into a photo radar police van and I was home.

Very exciting times here. Very exciting.
L

P.S. Fender was sick but then M took him to the vet and paid $90 and now he's better. magic.


1 comment:

  1. MMM Macayos. Some day we should go. Hey! Maybe right now... I'm hungry..

    ReplyDelete